Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Process & Product

This was actually my first attempt at posters from about a 5 month ago before the Dodo's took my attention away. I started out the most basic of ways to do a screen print, using a stencil. I had never screen printed before but wanted a way to mass produce posters that wasn't Kinko's.

Original skull screen print kit: 
one crappy 12" x 16" speedball screen, 
2 hand cut stencils for a 2 part screen print.


Some skulls with only one step of the screen printing done.
(Will probably leave these this way, something interesting about them)


final skulls in white (about 75 made) and silver (about 25 made) cut out by hand with and utility knife.


These were my first attempt at screen printing. Unlike the Dodo's, the end result with the skulls was very raw and messy. I like the way the materials caused uncontrolled outcomes.

No comments: